"I prefer liberty with danger to peace with slavery!"
Tuesday, June 4, 2013
The Communist Takeover Of America - 45 Declared Goals
The Communist Takeover Of America - 45 Declared Goals
Communist Goals (1963) Congressional Record--Appendix,
pp. A34-A35 January 10, 1963
Current Communist Goals EXTENSION OF REMARKS OF HON.
A. S. HERLONG, JR. OF FLORIDA IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES Thursday,
January 10, 1963 .
Mr. HERLONG. Mr. Speaker, Mrs. Patricia Nordman of De
Land, Fla., is an ardent and articulate opponent of communism, and until
recently published the De Land Courier, which she dedicated to the purpose
of alerting the public to the dangers of communism in America.
At Mrs. Nordman's request, I include in the RECORD, under
unanimous consent, the following "Current Communist Goals," which
she identifies as an excerpt from "The Naked Communist," by Cleon
[From "The Naked Communist," by Cleon Skousen]
1. U.S. acceptance of coexistence as the only alternative
to atomic war.
2. U.S. willingness to capitulate in preference to engaging
in atomic war.
3. Develop the illusion that total disarmament [by] the
United States would be a demonstration of moral strength.
4. Permit free trade between all nations regardless of
Communist affiliation and regardless of whether or not items could be used
5. Extension of long-term loans to Russia and Soviet
6. Provide American aid to all nations regardless of
7. Grant recognition of Red China. Admission of Red China
to the U.N.
8. Set up East and West Germany as separate states in
spite of Khrushchev's promise in 1955 to settle the German question by
free elections under supervision of the U.N.
9. Prolong the conferences to ban atomic tests because
the United States has agreed to suspend tests as long as negotiations are
10. Allow all Soviet satellites individual representation
in the U.N.
11. Promote the U.N. as the only hope for mankind. If
its charter is rewritten, demand that it be set up as a one-world government
with its own independent armed forces. (Some Communist leaders believe
the world can be taken over as easily by the U.N. as by Moscow. Sometimes
these two centers compete with each other as they are now doing in the
12. Resist any attempt to outlaw the Communist Party.
13. Do away with all loyalty oaths.
14. Continue giving Russia access to the U.S. Patent
15. Capture one or both of the political parties in the
16. Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic
American institutions by claiming their activities violate civil rights.
17. Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission
belts for socialism and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum.
Get control of teachers' associations. Put the party line in textbooks.
18. Gain control of all student newspapers.
19. Use student riots to foment public protests against
programs or organizations which are under Communist attack.
20. Infiltrate the press. Get control of book-review
assignments, editorial writing, policy-making positions.
21. Gain control of key positions in radio, TV, and motion
22. Continue discrediting American culture by degrading
all forms of artistic expression. An American Communist cell was told to
"eliminate all good sculpture from parks and buildings, substitute
shapeless, awkward and meaningless forms."
23. Control art critics and directors of art museums.
"Our plan is to promote ugliness, repulsive, meaningless art."
24. Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling
them "censorship" and a violation of free speech and free press.
25. Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting
pornography and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio,
26. Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity
as "normal, natural, healthy."
27. Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion
with "social" religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the
need for intellectual maturity, which does not need a "religious crutch."
28. Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression
in the schools on the ground that it violates the principle of "separation
of church and state."
29. Discredit the American Constitution by calling it
inadequate, old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to
cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis.
30. Discredit the American Founding Fathers. Present
them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the "common man."
31. Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage
the teaching of American history on the ground that it was only a minor
part of the "big picture." Give more emphasis to Russian history
since the Communists took over.
32. Support any socialist movement to give centralized
control over any part of the culture--education, social agencies, welfare
programs, mental health clinics, etc.
33. Eliminate all laws or procedures which interfere
with the operation of the Communist apparatus.
34. Eliminate the House Committee on Un-American Activities.
35. Discredit and eventually dismantle the FBI.
36. Infiltrate and gain control of more unions.
37. Infiltrate and gain control of big business.
38. Transfer some of the powers of arrest from the police
to social agencies. Treat all behavioral problems as psychiatric disorders
which no one but psychiatrists can understand [or treat].
39. Dominate the psychiatric profession and use mental
health laws as a means of gaining coercive control over those who oppose
40. Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage
promiscuity and easy divorce.
41. Emphasize the need to raise children away from the
negative influence of parents. Attribute prejudices, mental blocks and
retarding of children to suppressive influence of parents.
42. Create the impression that violence and insurrection
are legitimate aspects of the American tradition; that students and special-interest
groups should rise up and use ["]united force["] to solve economic,
political or social problems.
43. Overthrow all colonial governments before native
populations are ready for self-government.
44. Internationalize the Panama Canal.
45. Repeal the Connally reservation so the United States
cannot prevent the World Court from seizing jurisdiction [over domestic
problems. Give the World Court jurisdiction] over nations and individuals
Note by Webmaster: The Congressional Record back this
far has not be digitized and posted on the Internet.
It will probably be available at your nearest library
that is a federal repository. Call them and ask them. Your college library
is probably a repository. This is an excellent source of government records.
Another source are your Congress Critters. They should be more than happy
to help you in this matter. You will find the Ten Planks of the Communist
Manifesto interesting at this point.
Webmaster Forest Glen Durland found the document in the
Sources are listed below.
Microfilm: California State University at San Jose Clark
Library, Government Floor Phone (408)924-2770 Microfilm Call Number: J